Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's River Time

Yesterday we had a trip planned to head out on the river with some friends. We had an absolute blast. The kids were all with family memebers so that meant Jason & I could have some much needed R&R. We couldn't have asked for a better day. The sun was shinning and we were ready for some fun. We went with a large group of people. Most of whom attend Wheatland Music Festival with us. Let's see if I can name them all - bare with me I am sure I will forget some. The people that were with us that I knew were - Paul, Paula, Angie, Leslie, My Mom, Ruth, Chirs, Lindsay, & Brian. We met up with Brian's girlfriend from Georgia and her friend - Mary & Jennifer. Chirs brought his friend Chris from work and his wife. I remember a Ron, Kim, Stacy, and one other guy. They were all so much fun.
I felt like Paul was our chief. I laughed because he put this all together for us. He was able to get us boats to use if we didn't have our own, he found a guy with a hauler to get us to point A so we could float to point B. He cooked us dinner afterwards and fed us breakfast in the morning. Not to mention he provided us with a beautiful piece of land to camp on for the night. So he was the head of the tribe for the day. He even thought he was really an indian while floating down the river. LOL

I was especially happy to get the chance to spend some time with Leslie. She is one of my true and dear friends. I feel very lucky to have her in my life. We were able to catch up on things are just relax floating down the river.

Jason & I went down the river in Kayak's. This was my first time ever in one of these. They were pretty simple to manouver down the river. I did get hung up on the rocks a few times but my dear hubby was right there to bail me out. Thanks honey. I couldn't have done it with out you. I think now we might actually get ourselves a paif of kayaks I like them so much.

This picture is just PRICELESS. You can see the leader of our pack "Paul" standing on top of his canoe keeping things in tact. Angie is talking on her cell phone - YES I did say cell phone. You know it's 2008 when you are floating down the white river and you hear a cell phone ring - you answer it and actually have a connection. Nuts! This pictures shows about half of our clan.



We had to make a pit stop on the river bank. It was definately not a spot I would have picked out. We parked our boats underneath a bunch of trees that were hanging over the bank (yes lots of spiders and snakes like to hang out there). BUT, to my dismay it was a nice little spot to hang out and chat for a bit.
I am also glad that my mom was able to join us! My dad is out of state working again so it gave her a chance to hang out with us all and also get out and about. I don't like it when my dad is gone and she is home by herself. I worry - you know that daughter thing.

Angie & Paula- thank you for joining us! I could tell that they were having such a great time too. I thought for sure with both of them in a boat together - it would for sure tip over. BUT, they proved me and everyone else wrong. They made it through the whole trip with out flipping. Way to go girls.Jason was able to catch up with the guys and have himself a good time as well.
It was a great trip - I can't wait to do it again next year. I hope next time even more of our friends can join us. Some of them were not able to make it this year and I was really bummed. However, when we finally made it back to Paul's house for the night we realized Aunt Karen had made it there. She was so sweet - it was to our surprise she had built us a nice little fire to warm up too. Karen you are the best!
Jason & I had some great down time - a little R&R with some wonderful friends is what our bodies needed. I can't wait to see them all again at wheatland!



No comments: