Monday, September 15, 2008

Wheatland Music Festival

Okay, so first of all I am going to post my "FAVORITE" picture of the whole Weekend. Jenn & I took this same picture but somehow she did some photo editing on it to make it look amazing. I just "Love" it. This is a picture of Jackie & Mike. They are my dearest friends and most of all like my "2nd" parents. I love them to pieces. They were able to make it to the festival on Sunday. So we were able to spend a little time with them. I miss them alot.

Happy Wheatland Friends! For those of you who do not know what "Wheatland" is - it's a blue grass/folk music festival. It is such a great place to be. Jason and I look forward to it every year. We started going to wheatland 8 years ago. Our friends Jackie & Mike introduced us to this wonderful festival. We look forward to it every year. We attended the festival last weekend. We had so much fun. I am sure you will notice in some of the pictures I have posted.
This is a shot I took while waiting in line to get into the festival. Jenn, Kelly, Leslie, my mom and Ruth met at my house Friday morning at 8:15. We left my house and drove to Remus, MI. That is where the festival is held every year. We waited in line for 5 1/2 hours before we were able to get into the festival. We definately made the best of it.
I think every year this same picture is taken. The picture of Leslie & I in the front seat and my mom and Ruth in the back seat. "Happy Frickin Wheatland".
After waiting in line for hours the fun had only begun. Jenn captured this picture of Les and I car dancing. We were listening to a band called "Gomez". Leslie found this group when she attended the "Rothbury Festival" this summer. It's definately a great band. Thanks for introducing them to me.
This is our updated foot shot. In some querky way "I love this photo". I have a different one hanging on my wall from a few years ago. But, I am really liking this one. Leslie and I decided that we are going to get our own foot tattoo's. I can't wait.

In this next picture you see Paul. Poor Paul waited in line just as long as we did. If he would have only gotten out of his truck and walked to us he could have been in the festival probably four hours before us. Leslie had his ticket for him. He actually went up the night before with all the guys to save our spots in "lost world". Lost world is the camp area we camp in. So
He was definaley a happy camper once we gave him his tickets. Now it's time to enter the festival. Wahhhoooooooo.

Once we get into the festival and give everyone hugs someone decided it was time for a girl picture. In this picture you will see - Les, Jenn, Me, Kel, and Melissa. I love this picture because it truely shows that we have all been waiting in line entirely way too long. I think we were all just a little loopy on mojito's. Ha ha ha.
At wheatland you will find lots and lots of jam sessions. This is one of my favorite parts of Wheatland.


I had this idea that I wanted to try making a peace sign with all my girly friends. What we ended up with was not too bad. I actually love this picture to pieces. But, next year I think I will try the peace sign a bit differently. Until then I will enjoy the one we made.
I always love walking through the pines. We have to take this short walk to get to the main stage where all the big music is happening. I don't mind it at all. It's quite peaceful.

Yet another one of my favorite photos from this Whealtand. It's definately a clasic photo. I will cherish this "friends" photo forever.

Jason & I - I love this man. So glad we could spend another great wheatland together.
The boys were messing around with my bubba keg. Pretty cute picture though. My bubba keg is awesome. If you don't have one you should get one. This thing keeps your drink ice cold for 12 hours. They are a necessity for a festival like this one. I bought Lester one. We had too much fun with them.

Until next year - HAPPY WHEATLAND EVERYONE!

1 comment:

jennie said...

Hey I saw that peace sign done differently somewhere. What we needed was another finger meeting yours in the middle. But your pic here turned out the best of any I got!