Sunday, October 12, 2008

Football, Band, & Cheerleading all in one!! Go Blue.

Are you ready for some Oakridge football??!! What a game. It was so much fun. Jason's nephew (#34) Justin is playing on the Varsity team this year. I can't believe he is old enough to be playing vasity ball already. Makes me feel really old. Anyhow - Oakridge was playing Montague. The game sold out early Friday. 5,000 people. Crazy. Anyhow Oakridge won of course!!! It was a good game - if you were not there you missed out.
As I mentioned in an earlier post Brendan started playing in 5th grade band last week. His instructor had them all out on the field plalying 4 days later. And yes, they played at the biggest game of the year so far. It was so fun. Brendan and all his friends walked out on the track with there new instruments proud to be supporting Oakridge. Brendan seemed a little nervous.
I am very proud of you Brendan! I can't believe you are old enough to be playing in the band already.

Chaley was asked to cheer at the game with the Varsity cheerleaders because she participated in a cheer clinic earlier in the week. She had a great time. Her and her friends were full of spunk and very photogenic.


Colby & Koleman hung out in the stands with the gang. When I say gang I mean everyone. Me, Jay, my mom, Jay's mom & Garry, his dad Mike, Becky his sister, Scott his brother and his wife Chris. Pops, Ben, Jamie, Ricky, and all our kids. It was fun! Glad we were able to attend. It was fun watching Colby & Koleman get excited while watching the game.
It was intense at times and the boys felt it too even being so young. I am sure it has alot to do with them playing football at such a young age already. They love it.
This is my friend Jamie & her little girl Emerson. Love this picture of the two of them. Emmy is such a sweetie. Jamie says differnt - I don't believe her though. Jamie and I have been the best of friends since 6th grade.
I love this little boy! He did well sitting in the stands for almost 3 hours. I was proud of him too.
When Chaley was finished cheering she came up and sat next to me and my mom. My spent most of the game hold the phone up in the air so my dad could hear the game all the way in Wyoming. I thought it was very sweet of her to do that. I know my arm would have probably fallen asleep and started to get heavy and hurt. You are a trooper mom. The things you will do for love.
Oakridge took the win with a 28-21 score. It was a fantastic game. Both teams did a heck of a job. My kids had fun & we spent some family time together as well. I look forward to the next one we are all able to go too.

No comments: