Friday, August 1, 2008

Is she or is she not?!

This is my beautiful little girl ~ Miss Chaley!

This evening I accomplished something I have NEVER done before in my whole life. I picked up a book and I read it from the beginning to the very end. HUGE accomplishment for me. I was estatic when I finished it. I know sounds crazy huh?! I am suprised I even had time to read a book for a bit let alone finish it. You are probably wondering what it was I was reading. I went to Barnes and Nobel lastnight and picked up 'Louder than Words" by Jenny McCarthy. What a great book. It is about her struggles with her autistic son - and how she believe she has healed him. It was very inspiring. I say that because I often wonder if Chaley shows signs of autisim. I asked our family doctor for help and he seems to think it's waste of time and money. He said that their is not anyone out there that could possibly give me a straight answer as to if she is or if she is not. What kind of crap is that! I believe Chaley has shown signs of autism in the past and possibly a little bit now. Ultimately my hopes are that she just has some developmetal delays and she will EVENTUALY catch up. She has made huge progress in the past year or so with her social development as well as her emotional skills. We do still have issues from time to time. No one wants to find out that their child is autistic. However, if she is ALL I want to do is help her. I have gotten alot of great information from McCarthy's book. I plan to continue searching for answers for my baby girl. I will put for the effort to do what ever it is that I can possible to make her life comfortable. Weather or not she is autistic or just has a developmental speech delay - I love her with my whole heart & I will do whatever I have to so that I can help her.

1 comment:

jennie said...

OH what a stunning photograph of this sweet girl.Wow! That just blows me away... I am glad the book was so inspiring. A mother knows when something is not right with her own child so if you are looking for answers, don't stop until someone can help. I think you doctor sounds lazy and like someone who can't relate to the parents of his patients.

And hey, if you think your on a roll, I've got some very entertaining books you can borrow! ;)