Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's been a short while....

Sorry for the short delay in the updates! Of course I have been busy with everyday life! But, I did manage to squeeze some "me" time in last weekend. Friday night I stole my sister away from home met Jenn, Aunt Margie, & Ana at scrapbook 101. We met there at 5pm. Of course I had not seen Jenn in two weeks so we had lots to catch up on. It took me about 3 hours before I got into my scrapbook mode. But, once I got going I didn't want to stop. We stayed ther until about mid-night. We had lots of fun, lots of laughs, and tried to get lots of work done. The only thing missing was my mother-in-law. She was also suppose to meet us there. But, she was not able too. So hopefully next time things will work out to where she can come too. It makes for some good quality family time. Anyhow, I was able to get two pages finished. I posted them so you can let me know what you think. The 1st one is of pictures of the boys with Grady. Grady is Jenn's son. He is so adorable. We all went camping for a week in July at Pioneer park. We decided to head out to Jenn's dad's house on Crystal Lake for an afternoon. The kids had a blast and so did I taking pictures. Brendan was trying to help Grady get into the boat. He was having a hard time but managed to get him in. Once he did they buckled him up in his life jacket and Grady was happy as pie. The smile on his face proves it.

This next page is of a photo of Brendan when he was 2 months old. It's one of my favorite pictures of him when he was this little. I enlarged the photo to an 8x10. My plan was to write directly on the picture. This would be my first experience doing this and I was very nervous. But, only one mistake - can you pick it out? I thought the tree was cool because in my journaling I mention that he is one of life's greatest blessings. And well, to me a tree represents life. Strange I know, you pry all think I am a cook. Anyhow, I had fun with this one. Lots of ribbon and buttons to use the good ol' glue dots with.








So after having a great night scrapbooking on Friday that was all I could think about on Saturday & Sunday. So, I begged my sister to hang out on Sunday and pull everything out with me. Of course she did and we scrapped from 6-2. I added some final touches to a few other pages, helped my sis with her pages, and then put together two of my own. The one shown above and the one below. I absolutely love this next layout of Miss Chaley. She was so dang cute when she was little.





I downloaded my pictures out of order. The purple page of Chaley below is one I finished at scrapbook 101. Beautiful paper and embelishments from the Euphoria line of Basic Grey. Just loved it so much I had to buy it while I was there. I added lots of glitter accents to make it sparkle just like my baby girl. She is growing too fast for me!!



I also managed to get some time in with the hubby. On Saturday we went out on Luke & Kelly's boat. They have a slip at the Spring Lake Marina. What a beautiful place. They took us out to the famous "hanky pank". WOW is all I can say. We soaked up the sun, had a few drinks, and relaxed. It was perfect. Thank Luke & Kelly for a great afternoon. Afterwards we came home and spent some family time with our beautiful children. We had yet another great weekend. It's hard to believe that summer is coming to an end. I am very sad about that - but what do ya do. That is all for now! Until next time......

Peace, Love, & Happiness

Mya

1 comment:

jennie said...

Each of your layouts is more beautiful than the last! I LOVE your sweet little tree:)

We need to make this a more regular outing for us so that you actually get more work done when we are there. God knows you pack enogh stuff!!!lol!