Sunday, August 31, 2008

Where did the summer go!

Well, it's that time of year again. Summer is coming to an end and it's time to get the kiddos back into school mode - not to mention time for me to get back into work mode. I know we had an awesome summer but it was definately not nearly long enough. Wouldn't it be nice if the summer was just one month longer. Oh the possibilities.



So over the past weekend we had lots planned again. Friday night we went over to Jason's mom's house. We met up with his family and had a suprise 80th birthday party for pops. Pops is married to Jason's grandma. He said we got him good. It was nice to see a smile on his face. The kids ran around the yard like animals. They rode bikes, kicked the soccer ball around, played a little baseball in the back yard. You know the kind where you pick tree's to be your bases. The good ol' kind of ball. It's always fun getting everyone together. Thanks for a great party Deb & Aunt Margie.



Saturday Jason helped Jamie & Autumn move into their new house. I was going to help but we were not able to find a sitter. So, I stayed home and did some much needed cleaning. After he came home, I packed up my scrapbook stuff and headed to Jay's aunts house. I was able to work on 3 pages. I was very happy with what I finished. I will post pictures later - I still do not have my own camera yet so I have to borrow hubby's work camera.



Sunday (today) Jason woke up bright and early. Him & Brendan went to meet Paul. They went on a canoe trip down the river. This was Brendan's first experience down the river. I was glad that they did this today. It gave the two of them a chance to hang out together. Apparently Brendan had a wonderful time and was a perfect little boy. Pretty amazing what some one on one time will do for a young one. I on the other hand stayed home with Colby & Chaley. We went and did some running with my mom. Then my mom and I went back to her house and made 300 plus pudding shots for Wheatland this next weekend. Glad to have those finished and in the freezer. Tomorrow, I have to get out in the bus and get it cleaned out, gased up, pre-tripped, and ready to go for Tuesday. I also need to pick up some last minute stuff at the store for the kids. I have a few other things to do but at the moment my brain is not fully functioning. Too much to think about I guess.



To all my my wheatland friends. I am looking forward to another adventurous weekend at the music festival. It's always so much fun. See you on Friday.

I will have Jason's camera at the festival. I will be sure to take some fabulous pictures and post them. I can't wait. I have a huge suprise

No comments: