Thursday, October 30, 2008

We have a new addition to the family.

This is Niko! Niko is our 10 month old puppy. Yea, I know he really does not look like a puppy. He has to be pushing at least 70 pounds. He's a big boy. I love this dog to death. He is such a sweet boy. Well....Jason and I rescued another husky. Yes, I know what were we thinking. Well, she too is a sweet sweet girl. Her name is Meeka. Also knows as Midnight. Her previous owners named her midnight - we thought that bringing her into a new home and whole new atmosphere that it was only fitting to give her a new name.
This is Meeka!!! We called her Meeka only once. She comes to that name everytime. I think she likes it. We rescued her from a pole barn ( long story ). All I know is that I find peace with myself knowing we gave her a new & good home to come too. She is loved by the whole Wall household. Not to mention Niko is in LOVE. Yes, I said love. He is so happy she is here. Oh and did I mention when we got her we found out she was in heat!!! Yup....!!
Honestly do you realize how hard it is to keep the two apart! It's IMPOSSIBLE. She is only 8 months old and not ready for puppies. I can't imagine if she ends up pregnant what a vetinarian is going to say to me. I am going to pay hell that is for sure. Only time will tell. But, for now...Meeka is extreamly happy in her new home. And I am so glad she is not out in a pole barn crying for some attention. Welcome to our home Meeka! We love you so much already.

1 comment:

jennie said...

1st, yes, you guys are crazy. But coming from someone also with 3 kids and 2 dogs, I understand the desire to rescue a dog in need. She is lucky to have you!

So good luck on keeping them apart! Are you sure you really want them to have pups? Someone was trying to give my sister in law a young huskey about a month a ago. But I suppose you could pay to get them fixed with the money raised from selling a few puppies!
Have fun, I am sure the kids are just lovin it! I am guessing you'll have some babies early in the new year! We will have to come visit then for sure!!!