Thursday, October 30, 2008

I love this cute little town!

Jason took me away last week for the whole weekend (no kids) to celebrate out 12th annivesary. I can not begin to tell you how excited I was. Him & I tend to do alot of things with friends and family but never just him and I. This would probably be the first time in at least 3 years we have ventured off on our own - just the two of us. And boy was it ever nice. We went to Frankenmuth, MI. This town is way too much fun. Lots to do and see. We stayed at a Fairfield Inn Suite that was located right on the main strip of Frankenmuth. (When I say strip it's only like litearlly a mile maybe mile and a half). We hung out at the prime outlests in Birch Run. We both had to get that little shopping spree out of our systems. Then we walked the strip. We had so much fun. The bavarian Inn was a great sight to see. I took this picture of it from across the street. Needless to say we never did make it to that side of the street to check it out better. Too much other stuff to do on the side we were on. LOL We bought some yummy cheese from the cheese haus - best cheese ever. We also ate a fabulous dinner at Zenders. They are famous for their chicken dinners. Let me tell you how amazing their food was. WOW. If you have never been there before - please make a special trip just to try the food. You will fall in love with not only the food but the building and everything inside it too.

I love this picture. Everyone in this town is all about being festive. That is what makes this town so unique and beautiful.
Jason took me on a beautiful cariage ride through this cute little town. It was so sweet and so romantic. This is our horse buddy. I felt so bad for the big guy. He seriously had to pull us all the way up this huge hill. I felt so bad. Jay kept reassuring me that it was okay. They were made to do this kind of thing. I just didn't feel right letting this poor horse do all the work. It was kind of neat listening to his hoofs on the pavement. Okay I know - strange.
This is my favorite picture. I just wish it would have turned out a bit better. We really did have a wonderful time.

I do like taking the self portraits. Although we do look a little washed out. But, cute.


Walking through the streets we came across this taffy store. I love taffy. And I love the fact that you get to watch them make it through the window. This is not something you get to see often. So, of course I had to take a picture of it to share with everyone.

Then this is the final result. So of course we had to buy some. It smelled so good when we walked into the store. However, the taffy itself was not all that great. I was very disappointed.

Jason & I spent some fabulous quailty time together. I loved every minute of it. I can't wait until we can do something like this again. Thanks for a great weekend honey. I love you! Happy Anniversay - it's pretty amazing we have been married for 12 years already. Thanks for making this anniversary so specail for me. I will never forget it.








1 comment:

jennie said...

Awwww:)

LOVE the self portrait,
You guys are adorable!
Happy Anniversary you 'ol lovebirds!