Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat

Happy Belated Halloween. I am not good with keeping up on my blogging. Please forgive me - I try. And since it's only three days past halloween I feel pretty proud of myself. Trick or Treating started at 6. We left the house at 3:45. Thank goodness we had a half day of school otherwise I do not know how we would have fit it all in. We started at Grandma Huston's house. Next was Grandma Kovach's/Grandma Debbie's House. Then we went to Grandma Shirley's house and finally too Grandma Alida's house. There we actually took off and went trick or treating with the kids. I was pooped out bye the time we got there. Thank goodness my mom meets us at my grandma's house. That saves us a trip to her house. It is so appreciated.
Miss Chaley was my little hippie girl. I thought she was just adorable.
Colbster was the red ninja! He was a pretty darn cool looking one at that.
My Brendan boy was very presistant on being Jason from Friday the 13th. What could I say - "no". He's 10 and I am sure his dressing up days are going to be ending with in the next year or so. So, I thought what theh heck. I'll let him be something crepy and scary. He loved it. And, I didn't think he looked too bad.
As I was taking this picture of the three of them together in their costumes. I sort of laughed. Reason being is I can NEVER get the 3 of them to sit, stand, lay, etc all together and get a decent picture. It's virtually imposible. But, with them having a mask, or glasses on their face you can not see their eyes. The outcome A DECENT picture. I love it!!!
She is a beauty.

This is Cousin Megan.

Here we have another cousin shot at Grandma Alida's house. We have Chaley, McKayla, Brendan, Koleman, & Colby. McKayla & Koleman are Jason's brother's kids. Such sweet kids.


Here is part of the gang trick or treating. If you notice Chaley is not in here. She had a hard time keeping up. Poor little one I felt so bad for her. But, I don't think she minded. She was getting candy with a smile on her face the whole time. It was super cute - at one point she grabbed my hand and said "mommy wanna carry me"? I laughed because there is no way I can even lift her. So as you can see she ended up coning Jay into carring her.

Afterwards, we end up back at Jay's grandma's house. She always has bbq's and hot cider. We ate and then I took Jason & Brendan to the Oakridge football game. It was the first playoff game. Brendan was really wanting to go. Scott Jay's brother alreay had plenty of seats saved so they went. I stayed back with Colby and Chaley. Needless to say they didn't last too long. Before I knew it they were coverd up with blankets and fast asleep.

However, it is possible they came down from a sugar buzz and just couldn't handle it anymore. We had a great "family" night. Glad we were able to all spend it together this year. Last year Jason was out of town working on Halloween. So, it was nice to have him around.



No comments: