Sunday, November 23, 2008

A whole lot of THANKFULLNESS

So this week Thankgiving comes upon us. As I sit here tonight watching the AMA I thought to myself. I think I will make a list of what I am thankful for this year. We all have lots to be happy about and thankful for so why not make note of it. I am going to come up with 30 things I am thankful for this year!!! Maybe you all can do the same.

1. I am thankful for my 3 beautiful, wonderful, amazing children (even if somedays I just want to crawl in a hole and hide).

2. I am thankful for the most amzing man in my life - my husband. Jason is my rock and with out him I would not make it day to day.

3. I am thankful for my parents. Even though I am married and on my own with 3 kids - they still guide me in the right direction each and every day. They are there to ALWAYS give me love, support, & advice. I love them both to pieces.

4. My dear sweet sister is next. I owe my world to her. I am very thankful to have such an amazing person in my life. She makes me laugh & smile all the time. And no matter what she is always there for me. This girl I give the world too. I want someone to come into her life and sweep her off her feet and give her everything her little heart desires. She deserves this. I am thankful for the best sister a girl could ask for.

5. My smart, intelligent, amazing brother is next. I could not ask for a better brother either. He is such a caring individual. He puts "Family" first. And with out him in my life it definately would not be complete. He is great. I love that boy.

6. I am so thankful for my friends. Without friends my circle would not be complete. Over the past few years I have come to realize how important friends are in my life. My friends keep me sane. They know how to bring me up when I am down and they know how to keep me going. FRIENDS are EVERYTHING to me.

7. I am very thankful for scrapbooking. I have found a new stress reliver that is not only fun but creative. It allows me to make something for my children that they will be able to cherrish for the rest of their lives.

8. I am all about music. Music makes my life go round and round. Music makes me happy. There is a lot to be said about music. It makes me smile, happy, and giddy. It makes me want to dance, sing, and be crazy. Music = dancing = happiness. Music is BEAUTIFUL so there for I am thankful.

9. I am thankful that my husband works for such a great company. With out his job our life we live would not work. His job gives my kids the world - and me the world (not going to lie) I love you Jason.

10. I am super thankful that the dang gas prices have finally went down. Now only if the grocery stores would lower there prices.

11. I am thankful for my bus driving job. Thanks to my mother - in - law that could have not happend. I love my job. It ables me to bring in an income and help support our family. It also makes it so that I am right there with my kids all the time. I am on there schedule and that is the best part of it.

12. I am thankful for the roof over my head, the food in the cupboards, and the warm bed I get to sleep in at night. Some people are not so lucky.

13. I am happy about making the decision to have bariatric surgery last year. This surgery has made my life much healthier (and thinner). I am thankful to be back in my comfort zone. Losing weight has such a huge effect of how you live your life. I am so much HAPPIER, HEALTHIER, & HOPEFUL.

14. I am thankful for Dr. Gluck. He has changed my life and made me pain free.

15. I am thankful for starbucks. They make delicous coffee's. One of my favorites is Pumpkin Spice Latte. Mmmmmm

17. I am thankful for all of my extended family (grandparents, aunt, uncles, cousins). They make me laugh and smile all the time. And in the end they are always there for you.

18. I am thankful for something as simple as my bare minerals make - up. It makes my face look healthy and radient. I love that stuff. If you have not tried it - you do not know what you are missing.

19. I am thankful for chocolate. Chocolate can always make any bad day good. A girl needs chocolate.

20. I am thankful for my camera. Taking pictures and capturing priceless moments on camera is devine. I LOVE MY CAMERA

21. I am thankful for my cell phone. Without it I could not communicate with all those wonderful people in my life.

22. I am thankful for my email address. I know corny huh. But, my email is my lifeline. I keep in touch with many many people through email. With out how would I/we do it?

23. I am also thankful for facebook, myspace, & blogspot. I am able to keep in contact with lots of wondeful friends and family. It has also abled me to make some GREAT new friends and come back into contact with some long lost friends. With out those things would we be in touch now?? Doubt it.

24. I am thankful for Grey's Anatomy. Laugh if you want - but everytime I watch that show I feel so many emotions. I am happy, laughing, sad, crying, excited, and wowed everytime I watch it. It's my tv time that I love.

25. I am also thankful for DVR. Recording shows and getting to watch them when ever I want is GREAT. What is also great about it that you can fast forward through those dang comericals.

26. I am thankful for American Idol. With out that show Daughty and David Cook would not be on the music charts today. LOL

27. I am thankful for losing 122 pounds since last October. 1 pounds is equal to 4 sticks of butter - I have lost 488 sticks of butter. Strange comparison I know. But holy cow - that is alot of butter.

28. I am thankful for having my Niko boy (AKA my dog). He was given to me for a reason. I have a part of Kiowa that will never be forgotten.

29. I am thankful for ALL of my family & friends. I Love you all you make my world a happier place.

30. I am SO THANKFUL for the life I have!!!!!

Happy Thankgiving Everyone. I hope you have lots of turkey, lots of laughs, and make lots of memories.

6 comments:

Mya said...

You have really inspired me with this one! So so good.

I think counting my blessings will bring me out of my little funk, it seems to have that effect:)

Oh yeah, did I mention that I adore you?
yup. i do.
;)

jennie said...

Ooopps, I was still signed in as you..

DUH!

ya gotta love me...

Anonymous said...

Ok so I took your idea and ran with it. It is one of the best ideas Ive heard of in a long time. So I dedicated my post to you! One of my handful. You will understand what that means when you read my post.

Hugs,
Tina

Kristin said...

You are an AMAZING person. I am so glad that I got to know you going to Chicago; I hope I get to know you even better in the future. You have heart of gold and a true honesty that is a gift!!!

I am also working on a thankful list...some similar (love Grey's!), some a little different, but all in all...we have LOTS to be thankful for:)!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Mandy said...

ok I am going to try this again...blogger is giving me errors! Mya, I love this post! You are such a great person and I am glad I got the chance to meet you! You sure are a hell of a good time! Great, Great POST! Happy thanksgiving!!

Theresa said...

LOVE IT!!!

and that is lots of BUTTER!!! have any left?...I have lots of cookies to make!!! (I am SO JUST KIDDING)

I am so glad to have gotten to know you!!

Happy THanksgiving!!