Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our Siberian Husky Story So Far......


So our puppies arrived on December 28th! Watching the birth was amazing. That was the 1st time I had witnessed anything of a sort. Meika did so good too. She had 7 puppies in about 2 hours and 45 minutes. Could you imagine giving birth to seven babies?? Oh boy - that would be awful. She did so well - I was so proud of her. Meika had 3 boys and 4 girls. She is such a great mamma. This picture above was taken three days after they were born. Isn't she so beautiful?? She is a sweetheard too.

This photograph was caputerd on New years day. I was walking past the puppies to head downstairs and I saw this. My heart melted. I thought it was the most precious thing ever. Mamma and her baby sleeping.
And again with her babies.

I love how they are all clusterd here keeping warm.
This photo is another one of my favoites. This is Niko - the proud papa. After the pups were born Meika would not allow him to get near them. It was not until about a week or so later she allowed him to check them out. He now cleans them and takes care of the pups with her. It is awesome and from what I am told unheard of. They are all resting here...mamma is napping with her pup and proud pappa is standing guard - he is the protector. I think it's so cool.
I was just trying to get a pretty picture of her baby blues. I still like what I got even if she does look mean here. Her mask makes her look not so friendly...however that is simply just not the truth. This beauitful dog is so so sweet. You would fall in love with her as soon as you seen her.
Sleeping puppy!!
Our "runt"! I love her.
This picture and the next one just crack me up. They LOVE to sleep on their backs. They are so much like their parents. Both of them are always sleeping on their back with their feet up in the air. You can walk into our house and you will find one or two dogs laying upside down on their back with their feet up in the air sleeping. It cracks me up.

More sleeping puppies!!!
Okay so here are the close up of each individual puppy. This is puppy #1. His name is Dash. Brendan named them all. He put alot of time and thought into so I am going to stick with it until they go with there new owners.
Puppy #1 - Dash (He has two white dash mark on his head & neck Just like Niko did when he was born - so we stuck with the tradition Niko had when he was first born. They were both boys and born 1st with two white dashes on the back/head area)
Puppy #2 - Raja (Girl) Top & Below
Below Puppy #3 - Mikey
#3 - Mikey Again
Puppy #4 - Bella (she has one black eye and lots of white it's so cute)

Puppy #5 - Tiki
Tiki - Girl
Puppy #6 Chica (Girl)
Chica Again
Puppy #7 - Meme
The puppies eyes just opened up a few days ago. It was so cool to see them actually get to see the world for the 1st time. They are starting to walk and be very vocal. I love it. These puppies are my world right now. I am going to hate to see them leave because I love them all soo much.

4 comments:

jennie said...

They are amazing. The shot you got of the "whole family" is priceless.

I was thinking that if this weather keeps up, you may want to keep them all and start your own sled dog team! Mush!

Mandy said...

How are you going to let them go? They are so stinkin' cute. I could never do this because I would end up keeping all the puppies. I am big sap! Great to see the pictures! I love them, and keep them coming. How is everything else going? Good I hope! I agree with Jennie....MUSH!!LMAO

Kristin said...

Too Cute!!! I LOVE that first one. Thanks for sharing and please keep the pictures coming. I love to see them grow up. I have no idea how you are going to let them go. Good luck. If not, I agree with Jennie, keep them all and satrt a dog sledding team.

Theresa said...

I love the Brendan named them all, but won't that make it hard to give them away? They are all so precious. I love the first one and the family one and the one of Niko GUARDING!!! so precious...

Keep the pictures coming!!!